Friday, February 23, 2018

Cheddar Herb Bread

     I am a baker at heart!  I began my culinary adventures as a little girl, age 5, when I started helping my mom in the kitchen by baking a cake from scratch. I really enjoyed cooking my mom's family recipes. (It took a LONG time to perfect my mom's Buttermilk Biscuit recipe to get it to be just like hers. The one that we still all beg her to make along with her homemade Strawberry or Blackberry Jam-But those recipes will have to wait until maintenance one of these years)
     Anyway, I remember being so adventurous and confident in my skills, at age thirteen(13), that I begged my mom to let me make Thanksgivings Dinner for our family of seven (7). Mind you, I didn't want to just "help" but I wanted to do it ALL by myself. LOL She let me have that. So I planned and prepared and darn, if I was going to just have a turkey. I wanted to do it up in a fancy way. Duck à l' Orange . My dad agreed to take me to get us 2 duck. ("Be careful what you wish for" LOL Luckily, My mom did help me pluck feathers and clean the freshly killed game birds.)
     I set out to make a couple pies, homemade dinner rolls, Mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing and green bean casserole and my 2 Duck à l' Orange (aka Orange Glazed Duck).  It was the most memorable, tasty Thanksgiving Meal ever! I loved the Orange glazed Duck, but the feeling of accomplishment in such a major day has warmed my heart even 32 years later. I guess that is why baking and cooking gives me so much happiness. Not just the good tasting food but to have that same sense of accomplishment when something turns out tasty.
     Now fast-forward through years of eating unhealthy foods, as well as, over-eating and giving in to unhealthy triggers and that is where I am today. Over-weight, sick and in pain daily. I was so excited to start my health Journey with Optavia, even knowing I would have some struggle with the Soy Allergy. I had some skills that I could use to my advantage. I know my way around a kitchen. I can tap into that skill and be creative with my fueling recipes. I know not everyone loves cooking. So I tried to make simple recipe instructions that even the basic skills will get these done.
    Which brings us to: BREAD! Not as intimidating as it may seem. The most difficult part is getting the bread to rise. As long as you have fresh yeast and you ACTIVATE it in warm water(NOT HOT) you should be able to produce this AWESOME Fueling make-over!

Cheddar Herb Bread
 (USE ONLY ONE OF THESE PER DAY)
[6 Servings: 1 Fueling, 1 condiment]
3 packets OPTAVIA* Buttermilk Cheddar Herb Biscuit
3 packets OPTAVIA* Mashed Potatoes (any flavor)
1 tsp baking powder (2 condiments)
1/8 cup chives (1/2 Condiment)
4 teaspoons Fage Total 0% Yogurt (1/3 Condiment)
2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar (1/6 Condiment)
6 whisked egg whites (equals out to 1 egg white per day used)
1-1/2 tsp yeast (3 condiments)
1/2 cup warm water

Directions:

*Activate yeast in 1/2 cup really warm water (not HOT water) for few minutes.
~Whisk Egg whites in a medium mixing bowl then add Fueling packets, Baking Powder, chives and activated yeast
~Mix until combined then pour into a loaf pan spritzed with Pam. Cover with damp cloth and set in warm area to rise double in it's size.
~Bake at 350*F for 25-30 minutes OR until golden brown.
~Divide into six (6) equal portions. I then cut each portions into 4 thin slices of bread but you can just cut in half if desired.


#MySoyFreeJourney 
#opt4lifewithjenn

To see how you are doing in your overall health, take a quick survey by clicking this link:  Wellness Evaluation

If you would like information about the Amazing Health Journey or how you can have your own Free Personal Health Coach Email me: becreativelyhealthy@gmail.com

(Average weight loss for Clients on the Optimal Weight 5&1 Plan with support is 20 lbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment