Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fried Egg Grilled Cheese (L&G): Meal for One

My family loves simple foods. They are definitely NOT into anything gourmet. Which is good by me. Makes life A LOT easier when it comes to meals. Then again, I have other battles on the meal front, like, healthy eating habits. This is where the Cali'flour Food Crusts have been an awesome addition to our healthy choices. YES, I can and do make homemade crusts, but when I can have the crusts delivered and stocked in my freezer ready to go when I need them...HECK YEAH!! So here is one of my families favorite meals that I make with bread but since I am on a health journey, Cali'flour crust was an answer to my quest. I make this regularly and it is so filling that I can eat half and save the second half for a couple hours. Honestly, it helps curb the hunger when you are struggling to detox after going off-plan. My family loves when I make grilled cheese and fried egg sandwiches. Here are 2 ways I make this simple Lean & Green 5&1 Healthy Meal Option for you and your family!
Fried Egg Grilled Cheese
[1 Serving: 1 Lean, 3 Green, <1 Condiment]
1 Cali'LITE Crust (3 Green, 1/2 Lean)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Bake crust on a  parchment lined baking sheet or stone for 8-10 minutes.
While baking the crust, cook the egg white:
3 slices Sargentos Reduced-fat Cheddar Cheese (2 ounce-1/3 Lean)
2-2/3 ounces All Whites, cooked (1/6 Lean)
Pinch of Salt and Pepper, if desired (<1 Condiment)

Directions:
Place the cooked egg on half the baked crust, then cover with the sliced cheese, fold over.
Grill on hot griddle or in skillet for 3 minutes, flip and cook 3 more minutes.
(*You can skip the grilling step if desired)
Grilled Cheese Egg White Omelet
[1 Serving: 1 Lean, 3 Green, 1-1/2 Condiments]
 
1 Cali'LITE Crust (3 Green, 1/2 Lean)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Bake crust on a  parchment lined baking sheet or stone for 8-10 minutes.
While baking the crust, cook the egg white omelet using:
5 Egg whites (1/3 Leanest)
1 ounce Reduced-fat shredded cheese (1/6 Lean)
1-1/2 Tablespoons Homemade Salsa (1-1/2 Condiments)
 Directions:
Place the cooked omelet on half the baked crust, fold over. Grill on hot griddle or in skillet for 3 minutes, flip and cook 3 more minutes. (*You can skip the grilling step if desired)


(Using this special link helps support the Be Creatively Healthy blog. Thanks for the continued support! You are all super AWESOME!)


#MySoyFreeJourney 
#opt4lifewithjenn

To see how you are doing in your overall health, take a quick survey by clicking this link:  Wellness Evaluation

If you would like information about the Amazing Health Journey or how you can have your own Free Personal Health Coach Email me: becreativelyhealthy@gmail.com

(Average weight loss for Clients on the Optimal Weight 5&1 Plan with support is 20 lbs.)

No comments:

Post a Comment